Fereshteh Bashiri PhD
Research Specialist, MS-Informatics
Center for Precision Medicine Research
1000 North Oak Ave. ML8 Marshfield, WI 54449
- 2013 to 2019:
- Ph.D., Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
- 2007 to 2009:
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, IR
- 2002 to 2007:
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, IR
- 2017 to Present:
- Research Specialist, MS-Informatics, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield, WI
- 2017 to 2017:
- Research Assistant, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield, WI
- 2014 to 2017:
- Teaching and Research Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
- 2012 to 2013:
- Research Engineer, Sherkat Kontorsazi Iran, Tehran, IR
Honors & Awards
- GE Healthcare Graduate Poster Competition, 3rd Place
- 2013 to 2017:
- Dean's Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Obtaining a PhD in Engineering with a minor in Computer Science provided Fereshteh (Azi) with skills and knowledge that serve as foundation for a career in Health Informatics. Azi is passionate about statistical analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence to bring the best healthcare to patients. She has 5+ years of experience in industry, academia, and research, which has built up her team-work ethics and professional presentation skills.
Computer Vision, Machine Intelligence, Data Processing
- 2019 to Present:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 2018 to Present:
- American Medical Informatics Association
- MCIndoor: A computer vision framework to assist navigation of visually impaired people, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield
- Manifold Learning and its Applications in Health Informatics, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield
Bashiri F, Rostami R, Peissig P, D'Souza R, Yu Z. (2019 Jan 8). An Application of Manifold Learning in Global Shape Descriptors. arXiV: 1901.02508.
Bashiri FS, LaRose E, Badger JC, D’Souza RM, Yu Z, Peissig P. (2018 Nov 10). Object Detection to Assist Visually Impaired People: A Deep Neural Network Adventure. Advances in Visual Computing. 11241
Ahmad P. Tafti, Fereshteh S. Bashiri, Eric LaRose, Peggy Peissig. (2018 Jun). Diagnostic Classification of Lung CT Images Using Deep 3D Multi-Scale Convolutional Neural Network. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI).
Bashiri FS, LaRose E, Peissig P, Tafti AP. (2018 Apr). MCIndoor20000: A fully-labeled image dataset to advance indoor objects detection. Data Brief. 17 :71-75.
PubMed ID: 29876376
Tafti AP, Assefi M, LaRose E, Badger J, Ye Z, Shimpi N,...Peissig P [including Bashiri FS, Sagheb E, McLean H.] (2018 Mar). Big data deep neural network to analyze adverse vaccine reactions. AMIA 2018 Informatics Summit.