Marilyn Seif Workinger PhD
MCRI - MCRI-Clinical Research Center
1000 North Oak Avenue 1R3 Marshfield, WI 54449
- PhD, Communicative Disorders, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison, WI
- MS, Communicative Disorders, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison, WI
- BA, Communicative Disorders, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison, WI
- 2015 to Present:
- Emeritus Researcher - Clinical Research Center, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, a division of Marshfield Clinic, Inc., Marshfield, WI
- 1979 to 2015:
- Speech - Language Pathologist, Marshfield Clinic, Inc., Marshfield, WI
- 1981 to 2010:
- Section Head - Section of Speech & Language Pathology , Marshfield Clinic, Inc., Marshfield, WI
- 1994 to 2002:
- Guest Lecturer, graduate level course "Dysarthia", University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison, WI
- 1971 to 1979:
- Speech - Language Pathologist, University of Wisconsin Hospitals, Center for Communicative Disorders, Madison, WI
- 1969 to 1971:
- Speech - Language Pathologist, Princeton Hospital, Princeton, NJ
- 1968 to 1969:
- Speech - Language Pathologist, Development Evaluation Center, Central Wisconsin Center, Madison, WI
“I am using my time as an emeritus researcher to initiate and complete projects I envisioned but did not have time to do when working full-time as a clinician and administrator. I look at this as an opportunity to ‘give back’ to the Clinic and my profession.”
- Wisconsin Speech - Language - Hearing Association
- American Speech - Language - Hearing Association
- American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine, Felllow
- 2004 to 2011:
- State of Wisconsin Hearing and Speech Examining Board, Member
- 1988 to 2017:
- St. Joseph's Hospital/Ministry Home Health Professional Advisory Board, Member
Gardner JK, Workinger MS. (1990). The changing role of the speech-language pathologist in pediatric rehabilitation/habilitation. Pediatrician. 17(4):283-6.
PubMed ID: 2259682
Workinger MS, Netsell R. (1992). Restoration of intelligible speech 13 years post-head injury. Brain Inj. 6(2):183-7.
PubMed ID: 1533335
Kent R, Kim HH, Weismer G, Kent J, Rosenbeck J, Brooks B, Workinger MS. (1994). Laryngeal function in neurological disease: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease and Stroke. J Med Speech Lang Pathol. 2(3):157-66.
Workinger MS. (1995). Treatment of severe dysarthria after TBI - or - Who says they can't talk? Newsletter for Special Interest Division 2: Neurophysiology & Neurogenic Speech & Language Disorders. 5(4):2-6.
Workinger MS. (1995). Editor. Newsletter for Special Interest Division 2: Neurophysiology & Neurogenic Speech & Language Disorders. 5(4)
Buder EH, Kent R, Kent J, Milenkovic P, Workinger MS. (1996). FORMOFFA: An automated formant, moment, fundamental frequency, amplitude analysis of normal and disordered speech. Clin Linguist Phon. 10(1):31-54.
Odell KH, Bair S, Flynn MB, Workinger MS, Osborne D, Chial M. (1997). Retrospective study of treatment outcome for individuals with aphasia. Physiology. 11(4-5):415-32.
Workinger MS. (2007). The SLP in a medical setting: training needs. The Communication Connection. 21(1):8-9.
Turkstra LS, Quinn-Padron M, Johnson JE, Workinger MS, Antoniotti NM. (2012 November). In-Person Versus Telehealth Assessment of Discourse Ability in Adults with Traumatic Brain Injury. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 27(6):424-32.
PubMed ID: 22190010
Hidecker M, Ho N, Dodge N, Hurvitz E, Slaughter J, Workinger MS,...Paneth N. (2012 August). Inter-relationships of functional status in cerebral palsy: analyzing gross motor function, manual ability, and communication function classification systems in children. DEVELOPMENTAL MEDICINE AND CHILD NEUROLOGY. 54(8):737-742.
PubMed ID: 22715907